Monday, July 7, 2008

Louis Vuitton's Espadronts

In all honesty I love espadrilles and strappy summery sandals of any color. Ribbons. Jewel tones. The beach. Those and other positive things I associate with them.
So there are several things wrong with the sandals debuted at Louis Vuitton the other week. First of all they are blah black and personality-less sand color. This is odd considering LV guys can apparently wear salmon pink and other kicky colors but not on their feet? Secondly they are on guys. I don't like a strappy sandal creeping up a hairy leg. It's a bit too Portland, Oregon, if you know what I mean. Thirdly I like the idea of refined summer but espadrilles look stupid with a suit.

So I guess all the trendy boys in the world should avoid these and instead wear a gladiator or something with leather if you're going to bare your boats to the world.

No comments:

who dat