Friday, June 26, 2009

Divas Honor One of Their Own

It's never easy when a pop icon dies. But the blow is almost always softened by fond recollections from miscellaneous superstars who may or may not have known them.



"I can't stop crying; this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family." -- Diana Ross



"He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life." --Liza



“I am so devastated by this terrible news. From the beginning of my career, he was my idol in show business. He was a genius and an incredible artist! I remember when I was growing up and watching him on TV, and all his videos…I had his poster on my wall…he was so amazing…his singing, his writing, his dancing…it’s unbelievable that he’s no longer with us.”
-- Celine Dion


"I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!" -- Britney Spears




“I am heartbroken…Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world, and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever.” -- Mariah Carey



"I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever!" --Madonna



"The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music." -- Beyoncé



"I am full of grief." --Whitney Houston




"I remember once we were at this party…I was with Val Kilmer and Bob Mackie had made me a pair of beaded socks for…Christmas…and Michael could not get over them…he said. ’I just love beaded socks.’” -- Cher

No comments:

who dat